Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Best Blogs - Man Repelling with Leandra Medine, and Esty remorse with Regretsy

I've found a couple of blogs recently that are so funny, I just had to share. First of the blocks is 'The Man Repeller'. If you haven't yet stumbled upon this site, you should make the effort to get acquainted - especially if you're a woman who has an interest in fashion and/or have a healthy sense of humour. I giggled for about 20 minutes as I went through and found how to use fashion to repel men. Case in point, below.


The author of The Man Repeller, Leandra Medine, is a young New Yorker with a unique fashion sense and a keen appreciation for the absurd. She was recently commissioned to write about New York Fashion Week for the blog of well-known online fashion e-tailer, 'Shopbop'. She's got a personable, smart and funny written voice, which makes The Man Repeller way more than just another fashion blog or spoof site.

Medine's description of the above photo:  
'I for one, am delighted by knit hot pants. They take the sex out of sexy and just leave a Y. As in, why would she do such a thing? To fend off that pesky ol'Y chromosome of course. As you can see, this makes a lot of sense'. 
 I love that - take the 'sex' out of 'sexy' and just leave a 'y' - quote of the year.


You've heard of Etsy? Well, now there's Regretsy. Where 'DIY meets WTF'. This site profiles the weirdest, wackiest sh*t you could possible imagine on Etsy. Some of the products featured here are so funny, and so bad, that you'd be forgiven for assuming it was a 'spoof' site. But no, these items are all available to purchase. There's also a section of 'happy customers'; people who've bought a profiled item and are out and proud about it.

One of my personal favourites would have to be the vagina beer holder:


Or, how about this one?
And the description?
I can’t believe someone is actually making these things. It’s indefensible. There is no purpose for this except to be a pain in the ass. I mean come on, she’s wearing these with wrist warmers for God’s sake. Hand covers and finger covers are basically gloves. This is gloves. You are wearing gloves, only in pieces. Because you’re high.
Just tell me what the point is. That’s all I want. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. Tell me why these areas need ventilating. Are you in danger of your hand exploding from the intense heat generated by your nail beds? Do people often remark that they would be more comfortable if their fingertips and metacarpal ligaments were exposed? Or do full gloves just make it too hard to play “This is the church and this is the steeple?”

I laughed (and cried) so much when I first found this site (you have to check out the 'vegan vulva cake'), my husband thought that I had lost my mind.

Happy blogging! x

No comments:

Post a Comment