Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Aqua

I used to have a strong aversion to blue but something is happening to me recently... I feel particularly drawn to aqua. I think there is something so cool and retro about this particular colour. I can't help but think of 1950's cars and seaside holidays...

As this photo shows, aqua can be used in a really elegant way too
This is a really understated bedroom but the aqua stripes make a strong statement
 
A photo wall - love these.
This is more of a green aqua
Charming country cottage with soft aqua bench
I particularly like aqua used in velvet fabrication. This is my Mum's antique chair, which I use in our bedroom.
I painted the inside of my linen closet a vivid aqua (just ignore the less-than-styled innards please). It actually makes it really easy to find things in there as the colour is so bright it seems to reflect light, and the sheets and towels stand out. It's an unexpected surprise too when you open up the door - whoa!
This is a seriously cute little caravan
I tried to convince my parents to let me get a car like this for my first car. Mission unsuccessful. In retrospect, it probably would have been more reliable than the 'new' Daewoo I ended up getting though...

No comments:

Post a Comment