Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australian Abstract Painters

I'm one of 'those people' who really like abstract art. Good, abstract art mind you. One of my favourite artists is Dale Frank, an Australian painter. Frank's works also have an element of surrealism:

If I was seriously cashed-up, I'd definitely buy one of these (much to my husband's outright horror - we have totally different tastes when it comes to art!)

I think I'm just a sucker for really large works, with absolute colour saturation, and these paintings give me that in spades. Plus, Frank has the funniest names for his works, like 'No matter how little he ate he always remained persistently bloated.' Love it.


I also like Ben Quilty, although some of his paintings are a little heavy, or disturbing. I still appreciate them, but I'm not sure I could live with the more confronting ones. Love the budgie though.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the top painting, so eye catching. The colours are beautiful.

    Have you seen the Black Swan promotional posters? They really make me want to see the film. I love the art deco feel. http://laboca.co.uk/LB3site/portfolio_BlackSwan.html

    ReplyDelete